Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Greek Goddess Smokey Eye


Happy Tuesday my beauties!
Today's blog is all about the eyes. Since summer will be coming along sooner than we think, I thought I would share my favorite eye-look for that summer glow! I call it the Greek Goddess Look cause who doesn't love a good neutral smokey eye with a little bit of edge to it? 
Leave a comment down below if you would try this look out for yourself!! 

Step 1:
Prime the eyelids and set them with translucent powder. I use urban decay's eyeshadow primer and blend that all over my eyelid and under eyes. Any translucent powder will do to set that in place but I swear by using Laura Mercier's Translucent powder (a literal godsend). Then, using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, use a neutral brown and blend into your entire eyelid and crease. I personally use any bronzer I own (currently its Hoola Bronzer by Benefit Cosmetics) because it adds more dimension so whatever type of bronzer you have will do. 

Step 2:
Using a blender brush, take a darker brown and blend into your crease and wing out so its creates a natural line. You can easily do this by putting scotch tape on the corner of your eyes if you can't do it on your own. For the rest of the eyes I will be using Fenty Beauty's Moroccan Spice Palette. For the crease I used shade Nuts and Dates. 

Step 3&4: 
My favorite part, the bronze gradient effect! I personally don't like using just one shade of shimmer, I usually use around 3 to create a gradient-like effect on the eye. Although the picture quality isn't the best from the example above, it looks so good in person I promise! I used shades Desert Baked, Casablanca, and Marrakush in that order to create the gradient based on their pigment tones. I first used a light grey eyeshadow to outline my crease (step 3 in picture) so the gradient effect would be seamless. Using Desert Baked I blended that color in the crease to create a deep socket while blending out the other two shades on the eyelid.

Step 5:
The Winged-Eyeliner! I have always believed that a winged-eyeliner changes a look completely. This took me years to achieve on myself and eventually on others. For this look I wanted to do a thin-winged eyeliner so the main focus would be on the eyeshadow. For those who do not know how to do winged-eyeliner, just take your time and if you mess up just use a q-tip to fix the wing. I always start from the outer corner of my eye and match it to the end of my eyebrow so both wings are even on both sides. Once you create the wing, then just connect it and line the rest of your lid. 

Step 6:
Lastly, put on some lashes, mascara, and highlight your brow-bone and inner crease and your are good to go! I use Ardell's Wispies, which you can find at any drugstore. Once you put on the false eyelashes use some mascara to blend your real ones into the fake ones, and don't forget your bottom lashes. Lastly, take your favorite highlighter and add a little on your brow-bone and the inner corners of your eyes for a little brightness.

And there you have it! If you haven't seen my everyday dewy skin go check it out on my beauty page! I always do dewy skin with this look for even more of a glow! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig