Monday, March 23, 2020

Tattoos..Do you think they are a beauty standard?


Happy Monday my beauties!
I have been a little skeptical writing a blog about this topic, since there are many controversial opinions on it, but I would love to hear your inputs. Today's conversation is all about tattoos. 
A year ago today, while I was studying abroad, I went to a tattoo parlor and art gallery in Amsterdam to get my first tattoo. For years I have been waiting to get a tattoo dedicated to my family, and I thought there would be no perfect way to do it until I went to Amsterdam. I actually went to the same spot that my sister got her tattoo when she was in Amsterdam, so it had even more value to me as an individual.
Many people think that tattoos are mistakes that people make. I cannot tell you how many times I've heard "You are going to regret that tattoo when you are older" or "Why would you want something permanent on your body"? Although these questions are valid, I believe that tattoos are a form of true beauty and artistry. No matter who you are, your background, or your passions, you are in control of your own body. I truly find it inspiring when I see someone with intricate designs on their body, because I know that they are expressing themselves through personal experiences, family, etc. 
The real question I have for you is do you believe that tattoos are a new beauty standard? Personally, I never thought that tattoos are beauty standards, but now we live in a world where tattooing lip colors and eyebrows are the new norm. I do believe that these two things differ from one another, since tattooing lip colors and eyebrows are in the beauty field, while tattooing your body with words, symbols, etc. are a form of artistry. All I know is once you get one tattoo, you truly do get addicted to it, and I cannot wait to get more tattoos in the future!

What are your thoughts on tattoos? If you have a tattoo do you plan on getting more? Leave a comment down below!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I think tattoos are a very cool form of art that helps express a person in a way sometimes words cannot. I always love and admire a nice clean tattoo because it not only looks great, but you can tell the artist put pride in what they are doing. Some of my favorites are light and simple tattoos or ones where the writing is nice and smooth. I personally hope one day to get a tattoo. For a while I didn’t know what I wanted and I always told myself I wouldn’t get one until it had some kind of meaning behind it. I now know that I want a word and me and my roommates are thinking of getting one to symbolize our friendship. There are only 2 issues: I don’t know where I want them, and I’m so scared! I handle pain terribly; I don’t know how I would sit through getting one done. I fear I will make the artist stop before they begin or chicken out mid-way through lol. Hopefully one day I will just buckle down, forget the pain and do it! -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool you got a tattoo in Amsterdam, and in the same spot where your sister got one too! All of my friends have tattoos and are always telling me to get one, since technically I am the artsy friend. I like tattoos and think they always accent a person's aesthetic well, but I'm not ready to get one yet! Someday I'll randomly get one, but I haven't caught that bug to do so yet! My grandma and her friends partake in beauty tattooing (eyebrows, lip liner and even eyeliner) and yet they all don't have any tattoos on their body, which I find interesting. I'm not sure if it's a generation thing, but I do think tattoos are becoming a trend for our generation though! - Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you got your tattoo while you were on a trip, it adds to the experience and memories that tattoo holds. I always thought about getting a tattoo and when I do it will definitely be in another country like you did. I love tattoos, I just am so indecisive and can't make up my mind. Once I do, I'm going for it! - kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg. You are too cool. I can't even. I think it's absolutely fabulous you got a tattoo at the same place your sister did- and in Amsterdam? Gosh! Amazing! I have a love hate relationship with tattoos. So, I've always wanted to get one but then I always change my mind because I'm terrified I will hate it once I get one. What are your thoughts on Kim Kardashians response to not having tattoos: "You don't put a bumper sticker on a Bentley." ? This always shook me. Also, my dad would kill me if I came home with a tattoo... Annnnd the whole professional thing? Can you wear it to work or can you not? Seriously still debating getting one though...

    -Amelia K

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S I love that picture! You are effortlessly beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay it's SO iconic that you got a tattoo in Amsterdam! My roommate and I almost got matching tattoos during my semester abroad (honestly pretty glad we didn't - it was more of a joke but we quite legitimately almost got matching lip tats LOL) I think tattoos are super cool, though. It's such an intimate expression of art since it's literally on your body, and it can say so much about a person and what they value. -Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig